CureZone   Log On   Join
The brain off iodine

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
lilypond10 Views: 2,319
Published: 13 years ago

The brain off iodine

This might be useful to anyone considering Iodine for brain plasticity and rebuilding.

I had to get off temporarily off Iodine 2 1/2 months ago because I contracted a viral infection in my thyroid and went extremely hyperthyroid. Nothing to be done for it but wait it out. Iodine may or may not have made it worse by suppling gas to already inflamed cells. So my decision was to stop all iodine supplementation until I figured out what was going on. Took awhile to get the correct diagnosis of infection not hot nodule.

(btw....both my iodine doctor and endo agree that iodine had nothing to do with it. It's a female + respiratory + extreme stress + inherently weak thyroid perfect storm scenario. In retrospect there is some possibility I had the thyroid infection and my iodine supplementation was keeping it under control. I had no extreme signs of of much despite my elevated blood thyroid levels. But early test levels scared me so I went off iodine then had the extreme symptoms started. Very hard to know though even in retrospect)

But to get onto what I've seen with my brain.....I've been on consistently on various dosing of iodine for close to 4 years most of it in the 30-100mgs ranges.
Then suddenly off all plus using a reduced iodine diet.

My brain will not do what it used to right now.....the descriiption "tuning in the radio dial" used by mentally handicapped when going on iodine fits perfectly. The sharp clarity is going away. I find myself with more and more add symptoms. I need to reread more and forming connections take far more time.

I'm also far, far more negative! That really surprises me. And I don't read others reactions to it as fast...in fact I find reading and responding to others reactions quickly isn't happening. I'm not getting the signals fast enough to respond well.

None of this is extreme and all of it I would have accepted as just me if I hadn't had before and afters.

If you haven't seen the video citingsources put up you need to!
//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1163445#i.
At least watch the first half on what happens to the brain starved of iodine that gets what it needs.

I also just ordered The Brain that Changes Itself...not about iodine per se but about what we can possibly do to improve what we have.

(and currently....am slowly adding my way back with iodine and looking forward to tuning in my radio brain dial again)

Lily

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.531 sec, (2)