CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Yes & No (& maybe) "yeast food for thought" Re: Red Star Yeast T6635+B-12 not synthetic.

grzbear Views: 7,101
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,204,973

Re: Yes & No (& maybe) "yeast food for thought" Re: Red Star Yeast T6635+B-12 not synthetic.

"- Are you implying that the native americans got thier b12 supplimented by eating the bowels of the buffalo? And are you also implying that yeast/bacteria generated b12 in the bowels of the buffalo?"

With that post, I was not implying anything other than I am sure they were ingesting bacteria, enzymes, half digested grasses and herbs and such from the food... Probably lots more than we could purchase in any one bottle of anything...

If the meat had B12 in it, yes they would get that... if the fermenting contents of the guts had more, they would get that too... at the same time possibly repopulating their own gut with healthy organisms.

- "But the meat in todays supermarkets is unhealthy (its a fact)."

So is the majority of the food of any type sold in a supermarket... some is better than others, but even most of the produce is terribly anemic.

- "I guess what I am trying to say is that... can people make thier own b12, if cows do and such. Could it be that anti-biotics/toxic crap in foods destroy the balance/environment in the bowels that allow the b12 producing organisms to propegate? Could it be the digestion process of todays north american is so messed up... that we need to eat meat to get our b12."

We should be able to make our own vitamins... most all of them save for C. We should also, based on eating the right things, be able to produce our own omega 3-6-9 to a point too... getting some through diet, manufacturing the rest. Yes, the chemical pollution coupled with the decreased nutritional value of the food has created a monster... today, no one could possibly know what "normal" should be in terms of human nutrition and health.

- "I am beginning to think that a b12 deficiency suggests a problem with the digestive system. Is it right."

I would think you are correct here...

Many of the herbs and spices used in traditional Indian cooking (in most traditional cooking actually) strengthen the digestive process... fermented foods also can help.

That is another thing we have gotten away from... cooking with herbs and spices correctly. The reason certain spices were used with certain foods in traditional family recipes, whether our mothers knew it or not was for anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial, cooked food preservation, etc.

One of the very best things you could do for your health is research your ancestral roots... discover their traditional foods, and eat like they did, using the best foods you can afford\get your hands on, or grow your own, including spices, ferments, cultures and all.

Look for and buy an old cook book, even ethnic ones penned by 1800 American immigrants (your immigrant ancestors if possible) if you have too... you can learn a lot about health and food prep, preservation, and storage without electricity. My mom collects these and they are a gold mine.

grz-

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.078 sec, (2)