Can I say that I think you are wrong without you feeling that I am jumping all over you...? [smile icon]
It's not that ClO2 interferes with the absorption of minerals, it's that it oxidizes the minerals in solution and makes them unavailable to the body. If the minerals aren't there, you can't absorb them.
OK, I guess the end results are the same...
One of the uses of ClO2 in water treatment is to pre treat water that has a lot of minerals in it. This pre treatment precipitates out the minerals and greatly improves the taste of the water.
If you have access to hard water, you can run some tests on this and see how it works for yourself. I ran some taste tests comparing hard water, soft water, and treated hard water. The difference between hard and soft water was readily apparent, as was the difference between treated hard water and hard water. There was a slight difference between the treated hard water and the soft water, but it was subtle.
I used 0.1 ml of 5% sodium chlorite and activated it with 0.1 ml of 10% citric acid and let it activate for 10 minutes. I added this mixture to 1 liter of hard water and waited an hour before conducting the taste test. This water had about the same taste as the soft water, but had a hint of tartness from the citric acid . I think if I had used hydrochloric acid as the activator, it may have been a toss up.
This also works well with "swampy" tasting water, if you ever have the opportunity to taste some.