CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Some questions about the benefits of fasting, and do's and do nots.

Fonty Views: 1,421
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,190,860

Re: Some questions about the benefits of fasting, and do's and do nots.

I would suggest getting your teenage daughter to read up about fasting. It can help with mental illness there's no doubt about that. There's also little doubt that a bad diet can make mental illness worse even if it isn't a contributing factor in it's cause from the start. She is too old to 'put on a fast' though, she would have to make the choice for herself.

There is a Depression Forum on Curezone that gives advice on natural ways to deal with it. Chris is active there and has probably given you some good advice about it already.

As for how young we can fast. I've read about an 11 month old baby that was successfully fasted for about 8 days after being overfed on formulas and excess food. Fasting is natural and if the body needs to fast it will remove any appetite, the only reason we don't feel the 'need' to fast usually is that we are fed with inferior foods which make us want more all the time, because they are not nourishing our body properly. I brought all my children up on fruit only from 6-12 months. They never spat their food across the room as so many do with 'baby foods'. They ate their fill and left it when they had had enough, not under or overeating. It is only upon introducing artificially constructed foods that dietary problems occur.

Andrew.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.125 sec, (1)