Apple Cider Vinegar – Though most people that use vinegar to treat Acne use the apple cider form of vinegar, you can also use plain old regular vinegar. Regardless of which type you use, vinegar can be very helpful with it comes to clearing up acne. It can kill off Acne causing bacteria, balance your skin's pH, and absorb extra oil on your skin.
Starting with clean, dry skin, apply diluted vinegar (eight parts water to one part vinegar) directly to your skin with a cotton ball, and leave it on. If you want, you can also use a stronger vinegar solution (say, 2 or 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar), and apply it directly to problem areas, rinsing it off after ten minutes.
Another article below says 50/50 or full strength. I say start light and learn to meet your skin where its needs are.
Making the Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
1. 50/50 ACV + Water in an old Astringent bottle, Shot glass or Spray bottle.
2. Optional* Can add a few aspirin in the Toner or make a toner with asprin in it separately. This asprin is essentially nothing but Salicylic Acid which is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (exfoliates skin), SA also dries up Acne and can penetrate deeper into the pores unblocking clogged pores.
3. Use a cotton pad, cotton ball, or spray bottle to apply ACV Toner.
4. I still occasionally break out usually hormones so I currently use Tea Tree Oil, it is a wonderful product and will not stop the healing process or slow it down. This is why I have chosen it over BP, and it does not dry your skin out or have any of the negative effects BP has. I apply TTO diluted with water, usually between 10 - 15 drops in a shot glass filled less then half way with water. I wait until my face is completely dry, then apply ACV wait until it is dry, Moisturize and I am done.
(for BP users)
After shower (or anytime day or night) apply the ACV Toner and wait until it is completely dried on your face apply BP and wait 15min. Now seeing as ACV neutralizes your skin and balances our pH levels you may not even need a moistuizer because if you have Oily skin ACV will make it not oily and if you have dry skin it will heal it making everything even. If your skin still feels tight after using BP definitely moisturize!
5. Sometimes I use ACV full strength it all depends on how my skin is feeling .. somedays it can handle it. There is nothing wrong with using full strength.. you just have to know your own skin. If you have sensitive skin I sugget sticking with the 50/50 solution, and if it is tougher than applying the ACV without water every now and then is okay too.