CureZone   Log On   Join
I need help ...likely have a thyroid hot spot

lilypond10 Views: 3,547
Published: 13 years ago

I need help ...likely have a thyroid hot spot

I saw Flechas today because my last thyroid test showed hyperthyroidism ...TSH 0.035 and all other numbers way above range. I'm jittery, heart palps, losing weight, hot, clamy and feel constant fluish symptoms. Right off the hyperthyroid page except for bug eyes.

I've been on various doses of Iodine for almost 4 years...mostly going between 20-50mgs. Every thyroid test came back in range or slightly hypo. Last summer I tried to go up to 100mgs for breast problems that wouldn't go away. My periods were so bad that I would stop raising iodine. ( period problem I've since attributed to Vit D possibly without enough A...the problem stopped when I quit dosing with extra D and went strictly to cod liver oil)

So in January I restarted 100mgs/day. Breasts are now fine but about 2 months ago I started feeling lousy so went for labs.

Today Flechas told me that it appears I've got a hot nodule absorbing all the Iodine leaving the rest of my thyroid dry. My goiter has enlarged slightly because of this.

He doesn't know what triggered it...possibly high iodine. He wants me off all Iodine (was already off for 2 weeks as soon as I saw the lab report but nothing in my hyper symptoms is decreasing). He said he's only seen this 2-3 times during the 7 years he's prescribed iodine. It's a DNA defect and I may not be able to do iodine again.

I've just started trying to figure this out. I'll see an endo next week for a baseline ultrasound and talk about this. Flechas suggested a radioactive I scan to confirm it's a hot spot. But with these brand new hyper symptoms I can't see what the point would be. It will likely be positive.

(I thought heavy metals could be involved but he said no. He did say Selenium might be linked to hot spots. I supplemented Se but I might not have absorbed it well)

I talked this over with an iodine savey friend today and we concluded that most likely my adrenals are involved so I'll start an adrenal protocol immediately. Probably Wilsons.

After that I'm not sure what to do so would appreciate any thought I can get here.

Lily

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.719 sec, (1)