I think there is an incompatibility between immune building nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, and ClO2.
Let's take a look at vitamin C. A 6 drop dose can be completely neutralized by as little as 250 mg of vitamin C. You take your 6 drop dose, and then a few hours later take a 1000 mg dose of vitamin C along with your other minerals and nutrients. It seems to me that the 6 drop dose is going to be completely neutralized very quickly by the vitamin C.
Rather than see sawing back an forth, I think it would be better to simply knock down the bad stuff, and then move on to rebuilding the immune system. There is a lack of information on how ClO2 acts within the body. If we look at industrial uses of ClO2, we find that a shock dose knocks the bacteria down very quickly (within minutes or hours), and then it takes several days before the bacteria level is back up to its former level. It is possible that ClO2 could work in a similar fashion inside the body, and if it does, it may be better to pulse the intake of ClO2. In the case of chronic illness, you could take ClO2 over the weekend, then concentrate on building your immune system during the week.
Let's review what Jim Humble presented in his book. He was in remote areas and the people were suffering with fever, chills, headache, sweating, fatigue, nausea, and vomiting. I doubt that these people were taking vitamins and minerals, and depending on how severe the nausea and vomiting was, I doubt that they were even eating. Jim gives them a couple of shock doses, a few hours apart, and the people recover. It is unfortunate that Jim didn't go to the next step and continue to monitor some of these people to see if they remained malaria symptom free over a period of time after the treatment.
In industrial use, the equipment does not have an immune system, so the constant addition of low levels of ClO2 is necessary. However, our bodies have an immune system. Once we remove the overwhelming load on it, it should take over our day to day health.
When our immune system becomes overloaded, it is possible that ClO2 may be able to ease the load on it by killing off pathogens. This has not been studied, but it seems plausible. I still look at this as a first aid measure, and not a long term treatment.
ClO2 has an impressive list of bad bacteria that it is capable of killing off. I have seen no studies done on its effect on good bacteria, so I am trying to figure out a way to test this. This may be beyond my capabilities of testing, so I may end up collaborating with others.
I assume that Jim Humble has already done these tests, and it would be nice if he would share his methods and results, but, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be his style...