CureZone   Log On   Join
My name's happydog -

happydog Views: 1,966
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 11,828

My name's happydog -

and I'm a recovering orthorexic!

"feelings of superiority over others less pure in their dietary habits." I cringe now when I think how I must've looked to my family, hunched over my juicer drinking mustard greens while they enjoyed their family dinner together.

"I regarded the wretched, debauched souls about me downing their chocolate chip cookies and french fries as mere animals reduced to satisfying gustatory lusts. But I wasn't complacent in my virtue. Feeling an obligation to enlighten my weaker brethren, I continually lectured friends and family on the evils of refined, processed food and the dangers of pesticides and artificial fertilizers."
Yeah, my family is SOOO tired of me emailing them countless articles on why they shouldn't use plastic, fabric softeners, and toothpaste... They tried to tell me nicely but I was so determined to enlighten them, now they come right out and email me back, "Don't you have anything better to do with your time?"

And I've spent untold hours researching things like this:
"Spicy food is bad; cayenne peppers are health-promoting. Fasting on oranges is healthy; citrus fruits are too acidic. Milk is good only for young cows (and pasteurized milk is even worse); boiled milk is the food of the gods. Fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, are essentially rotten; fermented foods aid digestion. Sweets are bad; honey is nature's most perfect food. Fruits are the ideal food; fruit causes candida. Vinegar is a poison; apple cider vinegar cures most illnesses. Proteins should not be combined with starches; aduki beans and brown rice should always be cooked together."
My husband just wishes I'd get off the damn computer and fix something, anything, for dinner.

And STILL I spend time working out the logistics of how I should take my only-on-an-empty-stomach supplements, my slippery elm tea doses, my oil pulling regime, my enzymes, my essential fats, my Sea Salt s, Epsom Salts , trace minerals, molasses and vinegar... and god forbid my husband wants to go out for a romantic dinner! NOOOOOOO!! Non organic, microwaved food soaked in canola oil?? Why not just scrape up some toxic sludge? For this I did 20 liver flushes? I DON'T THINK SO!!

Family vacations? No way, man, I can't pack up all that stuff! My husband is so insensitive he once refused to carry my Vitamix through the Atlanta airport! How can he expect me to enjoy myself knowing I'm undoing years of cleansing - sleeping on BLEACHED sheets in some sleazy hotel serving up waffles and hot cinnamon rolls for breakfast, breathing dirty air, showering under unfiltered water, eating out every night, and giggling until the wee hours? What about my sungazing at precisely the correct time at dawn? My juicing? My homegrown sprouts? My colema board? My refrigerated flax oil? My ozonater? My ph strips?

But I am getting better. Yesterday my sister sipped a diet coke right in front of me and I didn't even clobber her. Today I almost decided to go work in the garden instead of spending the day on curezone. Tommorow, who knows?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.313 sec, (2)