CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: More homework needed by Tom before the challenge!

shortangle2 Views: 2,476
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,169,219

Re: More homework needed by Tom before the challenge!

Tom,
If you're going to take up the $10,000 challenge, you better get busy!

You wrote:

"Let's start with something simple. Death.

According to this toxicological report

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp160.pdf"

Good website (2004). I haven't read the whole thing yet, but neither have you. LOL

The question of both inhalation and ingestion levels of ClO2 and chlorite are addressed in this report. Normally, the following levels of exposure are determined: ACCUTE AND INTERMEDIATE EXPOSURE. This is a Minimin Level Review (MRL).

In both cases, inhalation and ingestion, the accute level was not possible to establish because there are no studies that address this issue in humans.

In the case of inhalation, the authors of this document commented "...inhalation exposure to chlorite was limited to a single study.... Furthmore, lethality [the results of this study] is a serious effect, and therefore cannot be used as the basis for an MRL." I other words, any study this lethal, is not regarded as a valid basis for determining what non-lethal doses are or even the effects cross-species. There was no study addressing ingestions at all.

Given that information, the rat study from which you tried to extrapolate some sort of safe or lethal dose of mms for humans, is not valid, although you do seem to like to come up with numbers on which we can all base our decisions about mms. In that spirit, and so you don't feel as though your hard work was for naught, I had a couple of questions.

I would like to know how you're converting mg/kg to ppm and then somehow transfering that to your bottle of NaClO2 plus citric acid . The mathematical formula would be great (I can usually bumble through math). Thanks. I was was also wondering if you took any of the following variables into account when developing your numbers, given that virtually all studies are non-human or not relevant:

"3 interspecies exptrapolation us[ed] dosmetric adjustments, 10 for the use of the LOAEFL and another 10 to account for sensitive populations."

Time to get out the old statisitics book I guess.... I wonder how many interspecies extrapolations there are between molecules in vitro and the human body, in vivo.

Also, given that you no doubt read enough of this report to know this information doesn't actually prove anything (I've seen this one before Tom!!) perhaps you could share your reason for misusing this research. Just wondering.

p.s. I'm surprised you find death "simple" given the recent loss of your dear friend.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.641 sec, (2)