CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Body detox or purge or something else?

Fonty Views: 2,617
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,158,891

Re: Body detox or purge or something else?

Personally I have wanted to go raw since I first discovered the concept nearly twenty years ago, so it's been in my mind a long time. I've always loved food though so removing harmful things from my diet has been a slow process! I have no doubt though that I am at an age now that I can no longer keep taking chances with my health. Even the healthiest bodies are still susceptible to poisons, maybe more so in some cases being such a clean slate to attack. So that is one of the reasons I am more motivated now than in the past also.

When I started this round of fasts one of my goals was to become a raw foodist, such as it is called. I was prepared to take it fairly slowly though my motivation was pretty strong, and it turned out to be very quick. I'd never really enjoyed salad veggies before very much and it's taken a long time to break the habit of wanting cooked foods instead. I started by adding what I really liked best to my salads at the correct time during refeeding. And at first I wasn't totally strict on the salads themselves either. Most of the salad was raw of course, but I would add tinned corn to it which I loved and also tinned asparagus- the ones without Sugar rare as they are. Now I just have corn scraped off the cob raw and will never go back to tinned. I don't bother with the asparagus at all.

I found that I could mix just about anything with my salad to satisfy my cravings. I'd make things like vegan nacho's and veggie pies for my kids and just chuck a bit of them on my salad fork so I'd be sharing their meals still.

Maybe you could hunt around on the net for some of the more 'mainstream' like natural hygiene recipes and try to replace one or two meals a week at home with them to start with. Whet your husband's appetite with what you know he'll love first before trying to challenge his taste buds. :)

Andrew.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.828 sec, (1)