CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chilli Pepper, did I answer your question about how to take Chinese herbs?

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

sungrass Views: 1,736
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,150,970

Re: Chilli Pepper, did I answer your question about how to take Chinese herbs?

Chilli,

Don't get me wrong, I am not telling you to stop eating those raw food. I like to eat those kind of food too, I have my own garden for growing veges and fruits (orgnic compost, cabbage, pumpkin, apples, etc). Believe me, my degree of enthusiasm for eating health food is no less than yours. But I do listen to my my body, I generally eat less of raw stuff in cold/wet/rainy days, and more on hot/dry summer days. If I happen to be off balance by over-consume it, and I can feel it (with cold hands, loose stool, and gas problem), so I would make some hot ginger soup or eat some hot and spicy foods to clear it. So I guess you probably can do the same thing. Once a while I could also accidentally over-consume hot and spicy foods which make me constipated, or having sore throat, or bad breath.

Let's look at this on a scientific approach, we need energy to sustain life, about 2000 calories per day. If you live in cold weather area, you probably need more. Now, say you ate a 1 cup of bean-salad that is about 100gram (approx 4oz, salad at room temperature, has 400 calories,and about 25 gram is going to be water). When the salad is eaten, the cold food will steal heat from your body so it can achieve the same temp. as your body's; in other words, your body has to raise the theoretical 25 grams of water inside the salad from room temperature to body temperature, say a different of 10 degree in Celsius. I don't if you know Physics, water has a high heat capacity, call specific heat (specific heat of water =1cal per gram per Celsius), which means it take 1 calorie of energy to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water to 1 degree Celsius. Which means in order to raise 25 grams of water by 10 degrees, the body needs to transfer 10 X 25 = 250 calories of heat to the foods, now compare, remember the 1 cup bean-salad will only yield 400 grams of calories to your body - only if it is digested properly and absorbed properly. Which means you will only get the remaining 150 calories for your body to use. That's why in you case, at least eat everything slight warm, or eat along with other warm-up foods, and chew them well.

Okay, next question:
coptis is an extremely cold cleansing herb. In your case, in conflicts with your body type (cold hands, white coating on the tongue, sense of weakness...) at this moment since you eat mostly raw food. I guess your body probably don't have any heat issues. Taking would be detrimental, it would make you even more weaker, and slows down blood circulation, and weaken Qi. You have not evil Qi for the cold herb to act on and the herb will do other damage. I think that's why it might be the cause of your weak pelvic muscle. I remember I had something like that before and I had to take astralagus and licorice for 2 weeks to fix it. The Coptis is for people who ate a lot of fried foods, fast food, junk food alcohol, and show serious heat symptoms, such as foul stool/constipation, sticky and thick yellowish coating on the tongue, dark-yellowish urine, thirst, bad breath, bitter taste in mouth, nose bleed, etc... Excuse me for those descriptive words. That's why I don't like place that sell herbs to people without educating them on how to use them properly, or just tell them other people used and worked.

The TCM theory was used over 5000 years in China through numerous experiments and practices and refinement. Of course, exactly how it work on a chemical and molecular level is a more complicated issue. But through many years of practices, some form of generalization and theory are made, and Today, we just apply it and use it. Just like you and I probably drive a car to commute everyday, but the exact mechanism of how a car works in terms of the Engine or the Transmission is beyond our ability to understand. All we care about is stick the key in, crank the engine, drive it, get us from point A to point B, that's all we care.

In some case, don't underestimate the power of Chinese medicine, it can make you just as sick as western drugs when it is taken in conflict with you body type. The wrong kinds of herb taken on a daily basis will throw your body off balance even more, the most scary thing is you don't even know it because the effect on you happens gradually.

curcuma, just think of it as tumeric (Ginger family, herb is the root portion), warm and pungent, clear clog blood and stagnant Qi, goes to the liver and gallbladder meridian, relaxes bile ducts. you can take it, no problem for your body type. However, long-term consumption can affect blood and Qi, unless tonic herbs used for protecting blood and Qi. Short-term use no problem.

Check out this useful reference book by Paul Pitchford called Healing with Whole Foods-Oriental Traditions and Modern Nutrition. This is a book I bought in Amazon.com, and I was supprised to see the huge amount of detailed TCM stuff in it, and it is translated into concise English. This 800 pages of reference book also has other useful information on green foods. If you haven't seen this book and still interest in knowing more about TCM, I think this is the book for you. It is cheap, I think now the cost is $23 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Whole-Foods-Traditions-Nutrition/

Also, see Kristian Lee's post above and hope you will be successful on your next flush.

Sungrass

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.234 sec, (3)