CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Who gives R rating to forums

hopinso Views: 1,592
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,151,384

Re: Who gives R rating to forums

Some forum are privately "owned" and the owners or their hand-chosen moderators give out R's like candy at Halloween, largely to themselves. Other forums have local moderators who peruse their forums often and deal with both exceptionally good and bad posts. Many forums must depend on the global moderators to award outstanding posts. I cannot speak for all moderators, but I try to go through at least a half dozen forums everyday looking for posts that have been recommended by their regular readers. The problem is that very few people bother to take a few seconds and hit the good post button. Most of us do not have the time to spend hours everyday reading hundreds of forums. There are forum topics I know little or nothing about. When I search through forums I look for posts that have been given a "R" alert or a "H" alert. I then read the recommended post and all the threads that accompany it. If it has merit, especially if it is a good testimonial, I will award it with an "R" or better. If the post is blatantly commercial or personally attacks someone, then I hide it, although this is quite rare in the Debate Forums .

I really wish the forum readers, especially those who frequent the same forums and know their subject and the other regular posters would take the time to hit the alert-good message button. I also have my E-mail open so you and others can E-mail me if there is a particular post that deserves attention. It might take a day to respond, but I promise to review the post. Moderators are volunteers who hold Curezone in high regard and want the best for the site. We are not professionals, nor are we perfect. I do not know all the current moderators, but those I do know are honorable and responsible people. I am actually pretty new to this. Still we need the help of the Curezone members as a whole. Please hit those good message alert buttons and don't hesitate-at least in my case-to send an E-mail so I can be sure to give your post recognition. I am not a moderator on all the forums, but I am committed to doing the best I can with those I can. I imagine the others feel the same way-we just need your input. If you and others reading this will just let us know where the outstanding posts are on this immense site, then you will surely begin to see more R,RR,RRR ratings. Let's be a team and work together.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.703 sec, (2)