CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Gold Coin Grass, other names?

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
sungrass Views: 4,861
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,150,155

Re: Gold Coin Grass, other names?

Joining Hands,
here are the info you need and some insight TCM stuff I brought up during the discussion.

The medical name is

herbal name: herba lysimachiae

botanical name: Lysimachia christinae hance or Lysimachia christinae

Chinese name: jin qian cao (in Mandarin) 金錢草

I usually go to Chinatown and buy it(the dry stuff: leaves and branches), it comes in a bag that weights about 1 Lb and cost me $3.00. Really cheap herb. I use about 4 oz of GCG each time with enough water and boil it for 45 minutes, you should get something like 2-3 cups depending on how concentrated you want(don't forget to soak and clean the herb first before you boil it, take out other non-GCG plants or impurities such as dirt). Drink it whenever you wish during the day, preferably in the morning. Sometimes I like to boil it with licorice, with is a Qi tonic herb which norishes all organs in the body and has detox effect too. The natural state of licorice is neutral, or slightly warm depending on the season of harvest.

So "Google" the names and see what you will find.

If you plan to take GCG for more than 1 month, I suggest you take small amount of mineral supplements as you go, otherwise since GCG is diuretic, your body is also going to lose mineral as well, such as potassium or magnesium, which will lead your body in to a deficiency state. That's why Chinese herbalist always try to figure out the current condition of the patient before he would come up with the herbal formula, such as which main herb/s should be use according to the patient's body type (hot or cold; strong or weak; excess or deficient, new problem or old problem, etc..), what tonic herbs should be used to aid the deficiency and/or balance out the unwanted side effect of the main herb, what other herb/s can be used to strength the overall potency of the herbal formula, and what is the amount and ratio between the main herb/s and tonic herb/s.

There's a whole philosophy behind this, what I mentioned above is just some basic stuff. It take an in depth understand of the Traditional Chinese Medical theory before a herbalist can accurately apply herbs to treat his patients.

sungrass

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.781 sec, (2)