CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: So Who Has Had a Girlfriend and How do you Deal with the Lips in those situations?

Rising_Sun_0301 Views: 1,823
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,149,710

Re: So Who Has Had a Girlfriend and How do you Deal with the Lips in those situations?

I was able to have a wonderful girlfriend for four and half years:). In the beginning, I did not open it up to her and mainly our dates entailed me peeling the lips before our meeting or being on the early stages of the peeling cycle. I eventually opened up to her about this and she thought I was handsome nonetheless and she didn't care about how my lips looked even though it was personally distressful for me because a person likes to look good to a potential mate. In fact, she loved my lips! Mainly, she just wished it didn't bother me so much but it did to a certain extent especially when they were peeling. Yes, I went many times kissing with raw lips but it was worth all the sexiness that the relationship entailed. As a caveat, I would say that my former girlfriend was a beautiful person on the inside and out and is the marrying type of girl. And she was so beautiful that I would ask myself what it was about me that she liked. Because of exfoliative cheilitis, I feel that it has given me a depth and sensitivity that I had not had before. Pain causes you to dig deeper emotionally and because of that you become less shallow and more beautiful on the inside amidst the turmoil that this condition causes. Perhaps, it was also my beauty on the inside as well as the outside that she was attracted to. I in turn, was able to accept all the great things and not so great things about her as well.

There are many superficial people out there that would not have reacted as gracefully as she did. But, would you really want to get to know someone who would judge you on the surface because of this? Are they really the type of person worth getting to know? It felt great to know that someone could care about me so much even though I struggled with peeling lips. During that time however, I spent most of my days cleaning my lips. Now that I am out of a relationship I am trying to be more gentle with them, because they underwent a lot of irritation with the kissing and other sexy things. I would like to add that I ultimately spoiled the relationship by means of another girl. It was a mistake on my part which is another story, but I just wanted to show that a person can have relationships even with this. I was able to meet people that were attracted to me while having exfoliative cheilitis. Yeaaahhh.

Now, that I am single it has been my focus to heal. It will be a great personal accomplishment to put this behind me. But who knows?-maybe a great girl will come along again even while I am still dealing with this. And if she's the right type of girl for me then she will be understanding and like me even with this. Someone that can accept you wholeheartedly for all parts of you (strengths and weakneses) is a a great quality to look for. Nobody is just all strengths even though it is human nature to only want to show that side of you. To be able to expose the insecure parts of yourself and have them embraced-what a wonderful feeling.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.641 sec, (2)