CureZone   Log On   Join
DIM, iodine, and enzymes a good plan for heavy periods?

KatMT Views: 4,995
Published: 13 years ago

DIM, iodine, and enzymes a good plan for heavy periods?

I am 49 and in perimenopause. My periods are still regular though closer together, 24-26 days rather than 28. They are very heavy and last 6 days to 7 days. I have few clots, no cramping, just lots of bleeding. My last iron level, taken pre-cycle, was 11 so I have to do something. I don't tolerate oral iron well. My plan after reading all over the place is to take DIM, Lugol's an enzymes from Bioset, as well as gag down some cod liver oil, do the Budwig cottage cheese thing, and try to eat healthier. When I can, I will do some cleanses as well (hard to coordinate with a work schedule that keeps me out on the floor of a large detention facility with bathrooms few and far between and i can't leave my med cart unattended!). Does this sound like a reasonable plan? I had a D and C a year ago which showed no fibroids and a somewhat thickened lining. The D and C did absolutely no good. My main complaint is actually premenstrual migraines.....just found out about the anemia by accident. I have had 6 children, the youngest almost 7, and had hoped that 14 years of nearly continuous pregnancy and breastfeeding would spare me all this but no such luck....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.406 sec, (1)