CureZone   Log On   Join
What happened to my fertility?

prairiechyld Views: 4,836
Published: 13 years ago

What happened to my fertility?

After hearing about Iodine restoring fertility I thought I would get pregnant the first month we tried... Now we've tried for three months and I didn't even ovulate the last two months and it looks like I may not this month.

Some background... I am a healthy 34 year old at recommended body weight with a four year old son. I had miscarriage prior to our son. At the time we were following the Billings ovulation method to prevent pregnancy. Both of the times I conceived were due to failing to follow the method exactly. In other words, it only took one time to get pregnant, not even a whole month of trying.

Now I have been on Iodine since 7/07, went up to about the 150mg/day range for a while but mostly in the 50-100 mg range. My main reason for taking Iodine is that 17 months ago I had the last two Amalgam fillings removed and I wanted to help detox the mercury.

By 12/07 I cut back to a few drops of Lugol's a day, I really wanted to keep up high dosing but felt I had to cut back to prepare for pregnancy. So I wasn't really taking very much, but after seeing I wasn't getting pregnant, I have gone up to about 8 drops every few days. I don't really have a set amount to take.

After cutting back on iodine, my cycles became about four days shorter, my periods much lighter, sorry if this is TMI, but my periods are like bloody water, not the normal thick dark stuff. I also felt major cramps and backache and haven't had that in a long time. Like I said, the last two months I didn't ovulate. Now I can't really know that any of this is connected to iodine.

My current supplements include greens 8000, (a green powder drink), New Chapter Organics prenatal MVI, garden of life fish oil, just started new chapter vitamin E a few days ago. I sometimes take extra folic acid, cal/mag and COQ10 and some iodine.

The only health problem I have is seasonal allergies and I take no meds. I've never taken any serious meds. The worst thing I've ever done to my health is have metal fillings and get a few flu shots some years ago. When I decided to remove my metal fillings I had a total of four that needed to be removed.

I drink raw milk, eat organic veggies, meat and farm eggs as much as possible.

I had a copper IUD removed 10/07.

I'm confused about why I'm not ovulating. Could this have anything to do with iodine??

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.422 sec, (2)