CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Bullying and violence in schools

sparque Views: 1,996
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,141,078

Re: Bullying and violence in schools

Hi fledgling...sorry for being away....not much to write about lately....although I am feeling less sorry for myself...less hopeless....yet still seeing the futility of helping one...seeing hundreds more jumping off the cliff.....but...we have to start somewhere....
these last few years have been a real eye opener for me....while I was all for holding teachers and school accountable....and no child left behind was a good thing....now that I'm on the inside....it is a cruel thing we allow our government to do.
In the last few weeks, I have had 2 girls report being raped, one getting beat up by her mom, a boy sitting, smoking pot with dad and uncle...watching p 0 r n....all of the kids are hurting and upset....yet what do I say to them....yep....thats bad..but hey....its in the past...so get over it...lets get your test scores up.....don't you know how important those scores are....
I don't have the answers....my school is not in an affluent area, so maybe every child left behind works in those areas, but when I have homeless kids, kids who prostitute themselves for food money for the family, kids worrying about getting shot, beat up, robbed, stabbed on the way home or on the way to school....how vital are these test scores....when one or both parents (if both are around) work 2 or 3 jobs, just to pay the bills, so they are rarely home....where do the kids turn for proper guidance....all the politicians speak up when the cameras are rolling, but .... I don't have the answers....so how can a 13 year old have them?
Sadly....I had to let go of my girl...the one I was spending so much of my time helping....I only hope that she knows I will be there for her when she is ready...and hopefully, the damage will be minimal....and that it won't take her years to come around, back into the light...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.547 sec, (1)