CureZone   Log On   Join
Day 8 | Water only | weight loss

fasting_journey Views: 4,888
Published: 13 years ago

Day 8 | Water only | weight loss

Hello,

I am new to the boards; this is my first post however I have been lurking this board in particular quite intensively over the last 8 days. I have also read some of Sheltons work on fasting. During the 8 days I have been on strictly tap water with the exception of 1 Rennie tablet on day 6. No enemas etc etc. Stats for info are below:

Male
24 years old
I like my food (I'm not veggie etc.).
Start Weight was 19 stone.
Weight on day 6 was 17 stone 11 pounds.

I just want some general advice please. In particular this is an unsupervised fast and I wonder how long it is safe to carry on for. They always say "supervise the fast"... perhaps someone can tell me what exactly a supervisor would be watching for? That would be ideal. :)

I know fasting for weight loss is the most frowned upon use of fasting but I'm afraid thats what causes me dis-ease. I have been to the gym a lot prior to this fast and in addition tried 1 fast before which ended late on the second day.

I drink a lot of water by nature.

People say I am 'slower' but I understand thats to be expected.

Current symptoms:
Mild Sore throat / dry
Chapped lips

Previous symptoms:
Dull headache
Lots of bile or acid or something in my stomach.

I walk about but have done one long walk early into this fast at which point my breath smelled foul and my legs felt numb. That soon passed.

So here I am, day 8, parents starting to frown now.... how long can i safely do this for and specifically what symptoms should i look out for (e.g. what does someone supervising a fast look out for).

Finally, I haven't posted until now because I observe the boards to be spammed up with DAY 1 FAST, DAY 2 FAST etc which dont go for the long haul; I wanted to see if I was in for a longer haul before bothering you.

Finally, I have no history of eating disorder for anyone concerned. I also have no illness as such. I am acutely aware of the need for correct refeeding following the fast.

How long can I do this for safely?
What are the warning signs a responsible practitioner would be watching for?
Any other advise more than welcome!

Thankyou

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.734 sec, (2)