CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Bullying and violence in schools

sparque Views: 1,945
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,138,830

Re: Bullying and violence in schools

HI again fledgling...and trapper and white tiger...
In some ways..this behavior is really outside my realm of thought....yet I remember friends who played football....they would smack and hit each other before the game to get psyched / pumped up....
now you are right...these kids are scarred, fledgling knows their environment from previous talks...but violence is a daily thing for them....just another day in the ghetto.
I am trying to implement choice programs, and that even if a choice seems fine and feels good..is it the best choice...I have had some success with this, the girls I work with are getting into fewer fights and fewer trips to their counselor or suspensions, yet will sneak off to do the hitting with their friends. It is when they can't find someone to trade hits with...then they cut or burn themselves.
while I am a fan of choice therapy, and I see it working, somewhat....it is this behavior i dont understand.
One thing I am seeing is that the girls are becoming more agressive and male like in their need to dominate, control, demand respect and the boys are calming down, becoming almost more nurturing and caring....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.703 sec, (1)