CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Just started water fast. I weigh 600 lbs. and don't know how long I can should fast

Fonty Views: 1,438
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,136,670

Re: Just started water fast. I weigh 600 lbs. and don't know how long I can should fast

With that amount of stores you can go a long time Pastor. The average weight lost on an extended fast is a pound a day. Even if you lost twice that much you can see that you have enough stored away to last a very long time. However, the detoxification processes you will go through could be very distressing and taxing on you and you may prefer to do it in stages for that reason.

You could choose a number of days, 30-40-50 to aim for, and if you make it you could consider from there whether to go on from there or recover from that fast and then begin again. You may also reach a difficult fasting crisis before that and wish to/need to, end your fast sooner, which is okay too. The important thing to remember then is to break your fast correctly with raw fruit to begin with followed by other raw foods after a week or so. Then when you have 'recovered' for the same amount of days that you fasted for you can safely begin again.

As you progress in your journey in this way your body will gain strength and health from both the fasting and the healthy raw eating in between your fasts and you will go into each fast better prepared. While you still have so much weight to lose you may be able to go less time eating and more time fasting but if your detox crises are particularly severe I would suggest you stick to the equal days on- equal days off method of recovery to start with.

If you plan or end up fasting longer than 50 days- technically this is okay but outside of my experience. In my research I know many who have fasted up to 70 days, some to 100 and a few beyond that say to 120 days. Going for this amount of time though I would suggest you seek supervision or at least advice from a professional fasting supervisor.

Good luck in your fasting journey, you are doing a great thing for your body and your life and can expect great benefit to come from it.

Take care,

Andrew.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

4.000 sec, (1)