You should really derive your base information from more official sources, then you can come back here and discuss individual experiences with other users.
I'm not sure what you'd be using MSM to treat, but it is derived from DMSO which is a solvent. I've used MSM to treat inflammation. I assume the way it works is as a solvent, it dissolves and carries away some portion of fluid that is or causes the inflammation. The other health use that I think has been explored is to use the solvent properties to mix it with other products in order to help those products to be absorbed into the system and carried to whatever area of the body the other product would be helpful. In other words, it could be used as a transport for other products. I understand MSM on its own can be taken in huge quantities without any side affects as it is easily dissolved and I guess expelled by the body and has no toxicity. When I mentioned to one doctor I was taking it for inflammation, he said "oh that's good for your liver, too" but I don't know in what way and never ran across any supporting documentation.
MMS is a Chlorine based substance that is intended as an anti-pathogen. I just started using it, but I've found that it has a strong chlorine smell and taste at the higher doses, but can be mixed with non high content vitamin C fruit juices to reduce the smell. It can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and possibly other side effects when taken in too large a dose, which is in terms of drops.