CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Ankle fusion

ppiecyk Views: 16,124
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 369,947

Re: Ankle fusion

Corineg,

Hi, my name is Paulette I had my ankle fusion done the end of Nov07. Long story made short I'd shattered my ankle 25 years ago and had problems every since. In the past 5 yrs I had three different surgeries done, the last one being the fusion. The one prior was a donor implant, needless to say not succesful, so after consulting with two different doctors I elected the fusion. The surgery and recovery so far has been remarkably better than the last two. I am not totally without pain and the ankle is very, did I say very SWOLLEN, the swelling goes half way up to my knee, but the doctor says that is common and will last 12 to 18 months.
I do fell as though the pain is easing up but not gone yet.
The doctor who did my surgery came very highly recommended, he is a tramutic orhto doctor here in Orlando, Fl. He did not perform the last two surgies....dont know if that was part of the problem.
I dont limp as bad as I thought I would and Im told I shouldnt limp when I walk however there will be a noticable limp if I run, not that I've been doing much of that lately.

I hoped this has helped you.

If anyone is 6 months post surgery, please share your story, I would love to hear from you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)