CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Absolutely, Sparque!

sparque Views: 5,884
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,127,930

Re: Absolutely, Sparque!

Hey again..I'm still amazed at the workings of the 13 year old mind....
I think she is working hard to prove she is tough, able to take care of herself, no one to be messed with. Her ordeal is not common knowledge, but her refusing to talk to me is..and her friends are even questioning her....and when they talk to me..I just say that she is going through some things, and when she is ready, she knows I am available.
Like you, I would like to hear from other counselors who see their clients daily and how do you keep yourself detatched. As for me, until this year, I was able to do that. But now, for some reason, this girl has been a trigger. I am identifying with her, not her ordeal, but her. I remember going through the "don't F with me" phase; I'm bad, and I'll mess you up if I need to phase...luckily...I was never taken up on that since I was not a fighter. I remember doing the drug escape phase and that is where she is now. I think I am trying to cure myself through her, even though nothing about her or me is remotely similar...just some of the general, overall phases, that most clients go through.
I am going through my list of approved therapists, so I know I'm needing some extra help...I'm hoping to find one that offers outpatient lobotomy services...
At my school, a really fun elective is either another English or a math class....but for those in the few that test well, they can take band, computer, or drama....shows how small our elective pool is.
I want to thank you for being there through my dark moods and less dark moods....not just you, but a few others....
I saw my girl today, at the end of the day, she kept looking at me, seems like she was expecting me to approach her, yet with the drama she and her friend created, I just stayed away, since I do like my job and don't want to lose it....maybe she is ready to start up some meetings again...who knows...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.875 sec, (1)