CureZone   Log On   Join
How to REALLY clean Waterwise 1600 water distiller

Views: 2,100
Published: 11 years ago

How to REALLY clean Waterwise 1600 water distiller

HI:
I posted this once before and got an answer of using white vinegar. (I'm talking about cleaning out the top of the machine.) Well, that didn't seem to do the trick. After all, this thing has been up on "screech" production-wise for how many months already? Seems this is a good machine, just needs proper cleaning once in a while. So far, I haven't done a very good job of it.
Water has started tasting like something I don't want to describe. Probably has "wee beasties" in it, too. That is something I am trying to AVOID in the first place by drinking distilled water.
The company is a little difficult to get ahold of by phone, so I e-mailed them and they said HYDROGEN PEROXIDE--a 3% solution.
Lo and behold it works.
Just wanted to post this in case someone else had the same model and was running into the same problems.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)