CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Sparque, would you agree...?

sparque Views: 5,838
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,120,970

Re: Sparque, would you agree...?

Hi again, well, I'm not in the best of moods to be replying, so if something comes across as wrong, just chalk it up to a really bad day, and see this as venting.
So, where to begin. Right off the bat this morning, one of my other clients shows up, telling me I need to write a letter telling this student's mother I'm sorry for reporting a child abuse allegation. And then I need to have a face to face meeting with the mother and apologize, and then call Children Svcs to tell them I made up the story. It gets more interesting, I had another counselor come over to witness / observe as the student talked about the mother threatening to kill me and the student, since the 2 of us ruined her life. The mother also forbids the student to come to school and is now keeping the student home.
This is just a thumbnail, more to say, but wont help much. Then the administrators come over, tell me to have no further contact with this student, and if the student does approach me, to get away or send them to another counselor. That is, if the student comes back to school. Since the mother raised such hell, I'm the bad guy for following the law, and doing what was both legally and morally right, since this student was being hurt. Then, at the end of the day, I was told the mother plans to sue me for this. Now I'm not too worried since I'm a mandated reporter, but just the drama and turmoil is draining. Especially when the higher ups just run away, no protection or support.
Now, for part 2.
My girl who was raped. She met with the school psych today, late morning. She stayed in my room, doing homework, unwinding. She asked if she could meet with me later in the day, so I arranged a time for us. Well, another no show, and I find out she was walking around campus, either looking for a fight or getting in fights, depends on who you listen to. So with all the drama from earlier, instead of saying anything, I just looked at her and walked away. But I'm thinking on telling her it is time for her to go somewhere else, since she is seeing the school psych, seeing me - at her convenience; and generally engaging in maladaptive behavior. Or is the behavior trying to get me to react in some way? And if so, what reaction does she want, or do I just need to do the tough love again?
I feel so energized when I'm working with these kids, but I didnt sign on to abandon them when mommy has a fit nor do I feel like I'm making an impact with my victim. There are so many others out there needing my time and energy, and I'm effective with them..
Thanks for listening / reading and feel free to blast me, maybe I need a pity party...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.637 sec, (2)