CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Confused about a statement .... Need help in understanding it.

critterkids Views: 7,214
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,120,520

Re: Confused about a statement .... Need help in understanding it.

I am reading two conflicting/different things from your dialogues....

1) When I contemplate my deafness status (as in thinking and feeling about it), I feel good. In fact I consider that being born alive with a disability is a blessing in disguise.
vs...
2) Whenever I think about my deafness I feel I've been wronged. I feel frustrated that I am not accepted for who/what I am.

Have you tried THE WORK from Byron Katie? It sounds like Louise Hay isn't a fit.

BK would say that you have been "spared" to not have to listen to "stuff" in this world, which can be a very big blessing.

She would ask "is it true that you have been wronged?" Is that really true? How do you act when you think that thought? How would you feel/act if you didn't think that thought again? Could you give examples of how you would live if you didn't believe that thought? Could you turn the thought "I have been wronged" around to anything else that might be more true? such as....my thoughts have been wrong/false...or...I haven't been wronged... Maybe you contracted to come into this world as a non hearing person so that you could help others with your spectacular gifts.

She would ask "is it true that you are NOT accepted for who/what you are?" Is that really true? How would you feel/act if you didn't ever think that thought again. How do act when you think that thought? How would your life change if you NEVER thought that again? Can you possibly turn that thought around "I am not accepted for who/what I am?" ....such as....others are accepting of me for who I am....or ...I am not accepting of others just as they are....or I am not accepting of myself for who I am...

BK says that all thoughts that cause any distress are false thoughts. If you let go of false thoughts and accept everything as it is...life becomes wonderful. Distressful thoughts are upstream according to Abraham...so find relief with better thoughts and turn downstream.

All easier said than done, but you sound like a seeker and a fighter to heal.

An example of a non hearing person who has become quite successful is Marlee Matlin, who is a movie star in the US.

I wish you the biggest blessings in your life and for your healing.

CK

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.125 sec, (2)