CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Wow~ Here's someone who has actually gone through rape....please listen.

sparque Views: 5,803
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,120,206

Re: Wow~ Here's someone who has actually gone through rape....please listen.

Thank you....she is slowing talking about it....the only analogy i can think of is like an onion, so many layers. She told me today she had a bit of a melt down over the weekend. Her dad wanted to talk with her, but she said no. So he asked if she didnt trust him. She said she trusts him, but just cant talk. So her weekend was spent in tears. Yet today, she didnt want to go into great detail. Tomorrow, I think will be different, she gave me her journal she started, she asked me to read it.
The reason I feel unqualified, I'm just a crisis counselor, for short term issues, school related things. This is how we met a couple of years ago. We have remained friendly, as close as a teacher gets with a student w/out going over that line. This has put a whole new dimension to it. I still keep that boundary, it is kept professional, yet it is so personal and private now. She has areas of concern and questions that are appropriate, so I'm lucky I'm also a health teacher so I'm not in any violation of state rules. Normally the sessions are in groups, but this is something best kept private. I am working with the school psych, keeping them up to date, looking for help and direction. So I'm doing what I can, I just feel that if I had that expertice, or if I could get her to a more qualified therapist, she would be getting to a healthier spot, faster.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)