CureZone   Log On   Join
Lugol's bath question

summerhaunt Views: 2,768
Published: 12 years ago

Lugol's bath question

Wednesday, I took a bath (a LONG hot one) with 1/4 cup Lugol's, reading a book as I soaked. I had dry brushed before getting in the tub. By the time I had read 30 pages, I noticed all the brown color from the Lugol's was completely gone. And the water no longer smelled of iodine. Did I actually absorb all the Lugol's, or did it do the "invisibility trick" that sometimes happens when folks do a skin test for Iodine where sometimes it's not all absorbed from the skin but just turns white and invisible unless hydrogen peroxide is applied?

I have done povidone Iodine baths several times before, but the water never went clear before.

I repeated the Lugol's bath last night (Friday) just to see if I could repeat. I did not dry brush beforehand. Again, it did go clear, but took much longer. This time, unlike last time, I did get some stinging/burning on a few places of skin, which I sometimes have gotten with the povidone Iodine baths. No stinging/burning Wednesday.

Am I absorbing that large amount of Lugol's, or is it just a chemical reaction making the color fade?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.281 sec, (1)