1. I identify an issue or topic about which I am experiencing emotional pain. About which I am mired in a lower reality than my desires. Remember that all emotional pain is simply the distance between your vibration and your desires - the greater the distance the greater the pain.
2. I chose "making money from my website" as a topic to which I will apply this process. I have spent, literally, hundreds of hours working on one of my websites and, for over a year, I have been stuck at an income level lower than my desire for it. Hence, there is a gap between my vibration (what I am currently experiencing) and my desire ($100/day).
3. I take out a piece of paper and a pen and I write about my feelings regarding "making money from my website." I let myself freely flow anything that wants to come out and I write it down. I stick, however, to what I am REALLY feeling about it - NOT how I want to feel about it or how I think I "ought" to feel about it.
These feelings are not going to be positive. They do not feel good either. It takes courage to write about them honestly! Because they are no fun to think about and deal with!
But here's the thing: I am not writing down anything, no matter how negative, that I'm not already dealing with everyday on, at the very least, an unconscious level. In other words, writing about these bad feelings doesn' t make them real. They are already real - I'm just not in the habit of honestly looking them square in the face every day.
Let's get honest here - it's much more comfortable to slap a smiley face over the gas gauge then it is to go fill the gas tank! Of course we would never do that in real life because we couldn't get anywhere without gas in our car. But we do it all the time to ourselves - spiritually - when we slap smiley faces over our bad feelings.
So with this initial writing, I officially declare - no more smiley faces on "making money from my website"! I don't feel good about it! I hate that I'm not making more money! It sucks to feel this unworthy!
4. After "vomiting" my real, honest, current feelings about "making money from my website" on my page, I look on the emotional guidance scale and identify where I am. In my case I see that my writing aligns my most closely with "worry" because I am worried that I'm never going to see more income from all my effort. I'm worried that all my effort has been wasted. I'm worried that I don't deserve more money from my website.
5. At this point, I write "Tomorrow - doubt" at the bottom of the writing I just did. Because "doubt" is the next highest emotion on the emotional guidance scale. And then I start thinking about "making money from my website" from the perspective of "doubt". I meditate about it, and I let it ruminate in my mind.
6. The next day, I sit down and write about "making money from my website" from the perspective of doubt. I give myself permission to really feel "doubt" about making money from my website. I roll around in it. I set up camp in "doubt" and write about it and write about it and write about it.
What I find is that, with that much effort and attention, I am able to really make an actual transition from "worry" to "doubt" regarding "making money with my website". First of all, it's not that big of a leap. It's a realistic up-tick of emotional perspective; it feels real and genuine because it's a slight improvement...NOT a smiley face slapped over an empty gas gauge!
Sometimes it takes a couple days to really embrace and "be" the next highest emotion. And that's fine. It takes as long as it takes - but I don't procrastinate on the process intentionally.
7. I move only one emotion up the scale at a time. One day at a time. Any faster becomes "slapping a smiley face".
As I move up the scale, I notice that what I'm manifesting improves dramatically - sometimes with only one tick up! That's because I'm vibrating (and, thus, attracting) differently even with only one tick up the scale.
I also notice that my perspectives change as I move up the scale. What I thought I would be thinking about and writing about often turns out very differently in real practice. For example, I started writing about "making more money from my website" thinking about people making clicks and purchases.
Now, ten spots up the emotional guidance scale, I'm no longer focused on that at all. Instead I've transitioned, in a very natural progression, into focusing on delivering greater value (and impuning greater value into the work I've already done). I now understand that delivering value is what it's all about (and feeling that what I'm doing has great value).
If I'm delivering great value the universe will reflect that back to me. I don't have to sweat how that will happen, it's the law! And it's already happening. I'm seeing a couple more dollars per day already!