Steve66, if you read what I wrote carefully, you would see that you might have misunderstood and are disagreeing about nothing.
I did in fact alter some of the protocol from what HC said. Some alterations made it better for me and some made it worse. The alterations that made it worse were:
1. Using extra light olive oil instead of Extra virgin olive oil (got no stones)
2. Eating something with fat in it after 2:00 (got just a few stones)
3. Eating something after the olive oil (stones got lost in the colon with the food instead of coming out by themselves)
4. Not finishing all my 4th dose of Epsom Salt (stones got caught in the colon and stayed there until I did a colon cleanse)
I did not count the flushes in which I did the above because they were so unsuccessful.
The things I changed which benefitted me positively were:
1. Making pills out of the Epsom Salt because I threw up trying to drink Epsom Salt water
2. Drinking diet DP when the pills got stuck in my throat
3. Drinking diet DP after taking large sips of the OO/GF mix instead of juice (I am diabetic)
4. Taking a mild sedative so I could sleep and not throw up.
So, long and short is that people CAN alter some of Clark's protocols and still have success. However some things, if altered, can cause the flush to be less successful.
That's been my experience anyway and I believe I am nearly gallstone free at the moment after doing the flushes. Hope this clarifies or helps other people trying to do the flush. Sometimes people get discouraged and quit and go have surgery if they cannot find compromises to following protocol exactly. I think that is worse than doing the best you can.
I don't know what the deal is with 'Hidden Subject'. Seems to me that if you disagree...just say so and perhaps it can be discussed further. This site is pretty anonymous, after all.