CureZone   Log On   Join
The most misunderstood word in the English language

Views: 6,245
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,098,235

The most misunderstood word in the English language

I believe that love is the most over used and misunderstood word in the English language - and it is tied to forgiveness.  I suspect that when many people think of forgiveness they believe they have walk up to the person they are forgiving and hug and kiss them.  Ain't so.  To love someone or to forgive someone is to simply allow them to be who they are without any interference on your part.

I used to go to an old fart chiropractor (now I'm an old fart) who had a little plaque on the wall of his waiting room that read: "Do you love someone enough to let them do anything they wish?"  And for me, that's the basic meaning of love.  Love also doesn't mean you have to be accepting of everything that another person is doing.  But it does mean to at least try and stay out of their way.  

I think that forgiveness is also misunderstood right along with the word love.  To forgive someone, to love them - is to let them go.  There are some people who I have forgiven who I wouldn't walk across the street to say hello to if I saw them, but that doesn't mean I haven't forgiven them.  It also doesn't mean that I don't love them either.

Before you love others, you have to love yourself first.  I'm still working on that and the more I forgive myself, the more I love myself and am able to let others be just who they are.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.844 sec, (1)