CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is it right to disclose?

sparque Views: 5,926
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,096,537

Re: Is it right to disclose?

Thank you for your words....The more I think about it, the more I have to agree. I wish I could remember the person who posted before you who said I should ask her if she wants to hear my story. To me, that is so right on. I am meeting with her briefly tomorrow, then on wed or thurs for a private session. That is when I will bring up the subject and say, if you want to hear my story, I will tell you, if not, I understand. Just realize I am here to listen, and help.
But I agree, and that is how it was with me. Someone who not experienced this can be as empathetic and compassionate as a saint. But until you have been put in that position, you are just an outsider. When i had my previous therapist, as I was telling the accounts, I felt like an animal in a zoo....being observed. When I was given to a new therapist, who had been a victim, it just felt right. But, this therapist had dealt w/ the issues and wasnt getting treatment through me...at least it didnt' feel that way.
But, each person is different, and with her, being able to tell her about my past just feels right. I think it will help validate her and help her to open up. And in that, I'm hoping to get her strong enough to allow me to refer her to someone far more qualified in this area.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.422 sec, (1)