CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My Therapy Rant!

sparque Views: 6,029
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,096,081

Re: My Therapy Rant!

Wow...i do agree with you on this. And while I thought I had worked through things, this caught me so totally off guard, I was stunned, shocked, and extremely saddened. I am trying to get her to see another therapist, because I know I am in over my head. I want the skills to work with her, and yeah...I do want to save her. Yet I know she also needs to work. Part of the problem is she is still in crisis mode, and she is refusing to see anyone, except me. I have even gone so far as to tell her I will go with her to do an introduction. She took it as a rejection, so I'm not pushing it like I was. I am able to hear her story, I have gotten myself in order, just sad. She is that one client who gets into the heart. While I care about all of them, there is more with her. I want to take her pain away, I want her reclaim her normal teenage drama, and her innocence. I want for her to be a kid again.
I think she is trying to protect me from the whole story. I also think she is trying to protect herself. She has said she doesnt want to remember anything and is trying to block it all out. I've told her the mind doesnt work that way. And that there will the time she needs help, will need to talk about it. It can be in a day, week, or years from now. But there will be that time when she needs to see someone. I also said that I don't want her to go through years of hurting, making mistakes that could be corrected by dealing with the issues now. This is when she started talking. Instead of horror on my face, I was filled with sadness. How could people do this to a child. How could a child endure this.

I do like the suggestion on asking her what she wants. Does she want to hear my story, and does she want to tell me hers. This is one of those "no duh" suggestions. Basic common sense questions that never occurred to me.

Thanks....I will try it this week.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.485 sec, (1)