CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: citrus juicers - Waring

Views: 1,214
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,079,552

Re: citrus juicers - Waring

I just bought the Waring Pro at Bed Bath and Beyond for $69.99 and got 20% off with a store coupon (I get them every month). I juiced 5 strawberries and was disappointed by the tiny little bit of juice I got - it was also very tart. Then I realized that it takes a LOT of fruits or vegies to make any amount of juice. So then I went back to the store and confirmed that I can take it back, no problem, if I wanted.

So today I tried 1 large carrot, a handful of fresh spinach leaves, 3/4 of a med apple cored, 1 lemon peeled, and 1 stalk of celery. Got about 1 cup of green juice (and about 1 cup of pulp) out of it and am drinking it as I type. Had to add a little Sea Salt . It doesn't taste horrible, but it isn't wonderful, either. I can't stand waste, so I am boiling the large amount of pulp in distilled water and plan to add spices to make it taste like a soup - may have to add some chicken or beef broth. Ultimately, I am gearing up for a juice fast, but want to try the recipes on a small scale before I just jump in.

Anyway, I investigated other 'centrificle force' juices at Walmart and BBB, specifically the Black and Decker and Breville. Doesn't seem too terribly different except the pulp catcher is pretty big on some - the one on mine isn't huge, but I could see that if I juiced the above times 4-5, it would overflow. Since I intend to juice several times during the day and don't want to store it, it's not a problem for me, but someone who wants more than a cup or three of juice at a time might find it overflowing with pulp. Also the Waring Pro is 400 somethings per minute as opposed to the B&D's 800. I'm not sure if it matters or not. My pulp was pretty wet, but then again I have nothing to compare it to.

I'm looking for good 'recipes' now.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.484 sec, (1)