Since moving over to just distilled water instead of juice, I actually find it easier to hold it in my mouth for a few seconds before swallowing it. It know that sounds strange, but I have always done that with things that I deem to be "unpleasant" to drink. It's like the saliva somehow neutralizes the unpleasantness a little before swallowing. I am sure I am not explaining it well, but that's just what I like to do.
I just wish I knew for sure if there was any additional mercury getting into my system from doing this.