CureZone   Log On   Join
Tip for refilling small bottles with Lugol's

summerhaunt Views: 914
Published: 13 years ago

Tip for refilling small bottles with Lugol's

Unless you have an itty-bitty funnel, sometimes it's a challenge to pour the Lugol's from the large bottle into the small dropper bottle. I just discovered cake decorating tips work great as mini-funnels! I spilled only about the same as I would have if I'd been just sucking it out of the big bottle with a dropper, then squeezing it out into the smaller ... just a little bit due to my starting to rush, but definitely not as much as I would have spilled if I tried pouring directly from the large bottle into the small one. Go slow! Using a cake decorating tip goes much faster than using a dropper, but you still have to be patient so you don't spill. And hold on to your "funnel", so it doesn't tip. If the funnel doesn't appear to be draining, lift it slightly. I noticed it stopped draining a couple times, but I think it was the funnel on the mouth of the bottle working like a seal, so the air pressure inside wouldn't let the funnel drain. Lifting slightly let the air out and the Lugol's in.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (1)