CureZone   Log On   Join
Durian for Lyme Insomnia

Hobokinite Views: 3,084
Published: 14 years ago

Durian for Lyme Insomnia

I posted this a few tinmes, but it keeps getting a hidden message alert.

DURIAN - THE SUPER DUPER SUPER FOOD WITH SPIKES
Posted on December 1st, 2007 by Michaelbstark
SUPER FOOD – DURIAN JUICE

My friend Perry Castle, taught me about some rather unusual super foods in the years we worked together. He took me to the Dekalb market in Atlanta a few years back and introduced me to the Durian fruit, a strange object that must have certainly come from Mars. It was yellow and huge and had spikes coming out of it. “You want me to eat this?”

When you carefully open it and remove the seeds, you have a sweet custard inside that is an instant dessert. Better than Jello Pudding Pops. As your body knows what it needs, I soon became a Durian junkie,

The only problem with this super food is finding it (perhaps in a Whole Foods type place or an Asian market) and storing it. It takes up a ton of room in the fridge. It also smells funky. I’m peculiar, what can I say.

I rarely say skip the real food and buy the juice, but in Durian’s case, one might have to do it.

Like Goji Juice, this may soon become a big market item. For people looking for a good, healthy product that works to hitch their wagon to, email me. I think we’ll see a lot of Durian Millionaires out there soon.

Durian is a rare fruit with a strong and pungent flavor when ripe. It is high in carbohydrates, phosphorus and ascorbic acid, and is one of the most expensive fruits in Asian countries.

Durian is eaten fresh as a dessert, processed into candies, preserves and jams, pureed into fillings for rolls, tarts and pies, or used as a flavoring for ice cream. From its originating land, Borneo Island, it has spread throughout Southeast Asia. Particularly in Thailand, durian was named the king of fruit.

Durian is the so-called king of fruit because it has bright potential to be economical. But durian flesh yields only 30% of the net fruit weight. Compared with the weight of durian flesh, durian is the most expensive fruit.

In fact, durian has an export volume smaller than longan, and has the second largest plantation area next to mangoes. Durian needs more cultivation effort than other kinds of commercial fruit, due to its weak and sensitive nature. Farmers look after each durian tree differently. Notwithstanding, durian output still varies in taste and pulp color.

According to David Wolf’s “Eating for Beauty”

“Durian contains high levels of tryptophan. This is an amino acid and a tryptamine (similar to serotonin, melatonin, and DMT). Researchers have discovered that tryptophan helps both anxious, depressed, repressed people, as well as insomniacs.

Tryptophan works by raising serotonin levels in the brain.When serotonin levels increase, a euphoric feeling is felt as a free passage is cleared for nerve impulses to travel.

Durian is such a strong blood cleaner that eating a few durian a day can change the odor of urine (urine is filtered out of blood).What gives durian its strongest beautifying characteristics is its high concentration of raw oleic fats (and vitamin E), sulphur compounds, and soft proteins.

Durian actually contains one of the highest concentrations of protein of any fruit, making it an excellent muscle builder.” Organic sulfur compounds among other properties in durian are very cleansing for the body. Durian provides “more concentrated healthful energy in food form than any other product the world affords” - to keep the body vigorous and tireless; the mind alert with faculties undimmed; the spirit youthful

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.406 sec, (2)