CureZone   Log On   Join
MIRENA perforated my uterus and may have migrated to my abdomen!

Clarkia Extra Strong
Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz

More
BrumMom Views: 5,462
Published: 14 years ago

MIRENA perforated my uterus and may have migrated to my abdomen!

So glad I found this forum. I want to warn any women out there thinking about choosing MIRENA as a contraceptive. I have had trouble with heavy discharge and cramping ever since it was inserted 10 months ago after the birth of my second child. The discharge (not blood, but mucus) got so bad and intercourse so painful that I finally went to the doctor yesterday to get myself looked at. Come to find out I have an infection on my cervix due to the placement, plus scar tissue, and that the IUD has perforated my uterus and disappeared into my abdomen in all likelihood. The doctor couldn't find the string so he ordered an x-ray. I have to have an ultrasound next week to be 100 percent sure where it is and then they can decide on how to remove it. Make sure you are aware of the dangers before you have it placed.

The doctor that placed the IUD didn't warn me about any of the possible side effects or complications that can occur. Make sure you are fully in the know ladies.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.500 sec, (1)