Well, I will try to stick up for ML...but it will be hard...
Look at it from this angle, when you visit the dr he gives you your pills and it is up to you to follow his directions, if you don't follow the directions then you may not get better and things may go wrong.
But that doesn't mean you have to follow everything ML says in order to get well...
You could take what you like from ML and others and follow what feels right for you. I actually got mail from someone who complained about being afraid to express views that were opposed to the protocol that they were following because it appears that most here on curezone get angry if you disagree with the protocol that they preach.
Sadly, if your not in the CLICK of distilled water, weekly coffee enemas, oding on Iodine then you are going to get attacked! Perhaps the Christmas spirit can warm everyone up so they can be nicer to each other, but I doubt that will ever happen to any sorry souls around here!
As for getting alkaline here is what you do:
1. never drink distilled water, it is acidic, see water debate forum.
2. filter your tap water for drinking, or, if you can afford it, consider a water ionizer, look at the one from Curezone's Sponsor!
3. slowly add more fruits and veggies to your diet, the body doesn't like shock, so go slow.
4. be sure to get in raw fresh fruits and steam your veggies lightly to retain the nutrients, also ensure that you get at least 20% protein each day.
5. get more exercise, that can never hurt!
6. Realize that negative thoughts are the biggest contributor to acidosis!
7. AVOID over cleansing the body, such as enemas, Liver Flushes and Colon Cleanses because this will flush away your bodies mineral content. Flushing your buffering pH minerals will also lead to acidosis.
8. Take a quality multi vit/min supplement until you get well and get your diet on track, also consider trace minerals containing fulvic acid, Morning Star brand is great and affordable.