CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please HELP! electrolyte deficiency

chava Views: 12,964
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,059,419

Re: Please HELP! electrolyte deficiency

I have done several water fasts, ranging from 4 to 35 days, and only once have I experienced what I believe to be an electrolyte imbalance. This happened after just 7 days of fasting, while doing a 25 miles walk in very hot weather. Not a very good idea, I admit, but this walk is a yearly big event in my town and before this I had never had any problems with moderate activity while fasting, certainly not in the earlier stages. Also, when I started out in the morning, I had no idea that it was going to become that hot. I had problems with palpitations, a wuzzy feeling in my head and, what I found the most worrying, although being very thirsty vomiting most of the water that I drank. I also had instances where my arm and leg muscles felt sort of paralysed for upto 3 days afterwoods.

However, I believe that under normal conditions, when it's not too hot and you're not working out too heavily, an electrolyte imbalance is very improbable. My advice would also be to stock up on potassium beforehand, for example by drinking a lot of potassium broth. However, if you do decide to use the electrolyte supplements, I would be very interested to hear about your experiences. I do believe that you would still be Water Fasting when you do this because, unless you are drinking distilled water, the water that you drink is bound to contain some minerals anyway.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.750 sec, (1)