CureZone   Log On   Join
Just got it taken out today

bad_daugher_in_law Views: 904
Published: 15 years ago

Just got it taken out today

I just had mine taken out today. My OB/GYN was very defensive about it. Maybe I was too emphatic and convinced when I walked in the door and I didn't really consult her prior to deciding to have it removed. I was a little disappointed that she acted that way. I guess doctors get a little offended when you trust an internet site and your gut rather than their opinion but with me, I just know with certainity that it's the right thing to do.

Right before she took it out, she said "Are you sure? You know you're going to get periods again? There is less than a 1% chance that your symptoms are due to your IUD". It made me feel kinda stupid and doubt my decision for a moment.

Removal was super-easy. Didn't even realize she took it out. Since then, I've had a bit of spotting and cramping. I went shopping aftewards and was exhausted. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel a little clearer in the end. Had some headache.

I'm hopeful my other symptoms will improve but I guess I'm not depending on it. The only downside is that my hubby's doctor called to reschedule his appt for the big V and he couldn't get another appt until Jan 11. That is a long time!!

Well, anyway, thanks for listening!! I will post updates in the upcoming days and weeks. By the way, today is my 37th bday. I am hopeful this will turn out to be one of the best bday gifts I've ever given myself!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.531 sec, (1)