CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Grape fruit seed extract and Probiotics??

DudewithIBS Views: 2,676
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,057,618

Re: Grape fruit seed extract and Probiotics??

I did an experiment this year where I made my regular yogurt batches but using GSE, garlic and Pau'Darco on separate containers, and leaving one alone as a control.

The ones with garlic and Pau'Darco didn't grow, but the one using Grapefruit-Seed-Extract did came up fine with the same texture and almost same taste as the control.

Then I repeated the experiment with only Grapefruit-Seed-Extract in different doses, again in different containers. I used 5, 10, and 20 drops per each 250ml container respectively.

Again, all the yogurt came up fine with the GSE.

Since them I use it without concern about killing the probiotic cultures I take with the yogurt.

The strains in the yogurt were L.Acidophilus, Bifidus and S.Thermophilus. None of these strains are yeast related.

Finally, I did a final experiment with regular baker yeast and sugar. The control batch (without GSE) grew as expected. The one with Grapefruit-Seed-Extract (5drops) didn't.

So I guess this means that GSE kills mostly yeast like critters, at least from the ones I used.

I used the liquid GSE from Nutribiotic

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.704 sec, (1)