CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Avoiding animal protein to heal leaky gut

DudewithIBS Views: 3,564
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,056,726

Re: Avoiding animal protein to heal leaky gut

There's some things I know for sure.

First, you need protein to heal anything. Animal protein indeed has the problem of being mucous forming which tends to lower your gut ph and may aggravate the cause of your leaky gut. So, if in doubt, you may try to omit animal protein but be sure to take a good plant source (several indeed). Amaranth is a good one, as quinoa and some legumes. If using legumes used them soaked and lighly cooked (like beans) and start low until your body gets used to them (the GI track will start to secrete enzymes to digest beans until you eat beans. If you stop eating beans you will cease to create those enzymes).

Second, be careful about aloe vera and other healer herbs. They are great, but they are also irritating. In my case I can't take aloe vera, it is just too irritating for me. Try it out, but watch it.

Third, try to avoid garlic and onions the first week or two. They are too irritating for leaky gut. You'll need them later, but to start with, use something like Grapefruit-Seed-Extract and use it with fiber shakes to reach the whole GI track.

Lastly, avoid probiotics the first 2-3 weeks while healing leaky gut. Probiotics are great, no doubt, but their metabolite residues will leak into your leaky gut holes. Actually you can't entirely avoid that, since you always have intestinal flora to some extent, but you may avoid to put extra amounts for a while and hence avoid the extra burden.

Oh, and take l-glutamine, it is the gut's favorite amino acid (building block) and it will speed healing.

After a couple of weeks you'll heal enough of the leaky gut to start taking probiotics, garlic and such. But keep in mind that you won't heal it entirely, as far as I know to heal it entirely is a long process, but it is doable. The aim is to nurse it enough to make it stronger for anti-fungals and probiotics.

My 5 cents.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

2.453 sec, (1)