CureZone   Log On   Join
Water filter pitchers that DON'T soften the water/filter out minerals? Brands? Anyone? Plz help.

Lisa_77 Views: 2,732
Published: 14 years ago

Water filter pitchers that DON'T soften the water/filter out minerals? Brands? Anyone? Plz help.

Hello,

I've been looking everywhere for a water filter pitcher that has a carbon-only filter/ one which does NOT make the water softer.
But no luck so far here (in Europe) :-(. They all copy each other's products... well, Brita's. Brita has a water softener in their cartridge, so the rest has to! *grmbl* I wan't one WITHOUT!

I recently read an article by a Chinese N.D. (sorry forgot his name) about acid/alkaline balance and the importance of drinking a lot of pure, Alkaline Water to flush out acid wastes. He said most filter pitchers produce soft/acidic water, which will only make your body more acidic. Water needs to be pH 7 or more. He suggested buying a water filter (pitcher) with a carbon-only cartridge. These are relatively cheap, and will filter chlorine, pesticides, chemicals, and some heavy metals out of the tap water... but not the minerals.

Since I'm a student and on a budget, I bought a water filter pitcher a few years ago. But, my Brita water is around pH 4-5 or something! Come on, I'm not going to ever increase my pH if I drink 2 Ltrs of this water each day! All the extra minerals I take as supplements will be needed to neutralise this water, instead of alkalizing my already acidic body.

So, I'm writing this in the hope that someone can give me a (few) brand(s) of filter pitchers that do not filter calcium and other minerals out of the water. I don't care if they're US brands. I'm prepared to order online if I have to.

Please help!

Love,
Lisa

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.672 sec, (1)