I recently came down with MCS in a severe way. I have had it for a while but not near as bad as recently. Anyways I was given a book called living green by Greg Horn from my health food store . In the book he gives a website ran by a woman who has over come her MCS by 90 percent. She offers solutions to a lot of the chemicals we are assaulted with
in our homes. The website is nontoxic.com.
I was going through it today and they have things to put on your computer and other appliances to protect you from EMF fields.
They have activated carbon blankets and material that will absorb toxic fumes from mattresses, cars, cabinets.
They have zeolite crystals that are suppose to absorb toxic fumes from furniture, computers etc...
And a lot of other things like non toxic carpet seals that will make your toxic carpet not out gas formaldehyde.
A little warning, the items are pricey. Atleast for me anyways because I can not work.
Anyways I am desperate to get better and hope I can help someone else by listing what I found.
Also in his book he mentions "baking' your home. You turn up the central heat as high as it will go and use space heaters if you have them. You close all the windows up and remove all people and pets from the home for 24 hours. Then come home and turn on fans and open all the windows to allow of the fumes to escape. This is suppose to speed out gassing of toxic items in your home (which is just about everything from what I have found out unless you are living very green.)
They say you rarely have to bake anything more then 4 days and this is suppose to be a cheap way to live in a healthier environment.
He mentioned a book called Home Safe Home that has a lot of great information and the woman that wrote it has a website with a lot of great tips and resourses for people with MCS. She also is completely recovered now.
They also mention buying certain plants to absorb hazardous gasses given off by your furniture and such.
Well I would post more but I am really weak and sick right now.