CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fasting: how much water to drink?

Fonty Views: 1,626
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,054,970

Re: Fasting: how much water to drink?

Yes I have fasted for 7 days without water, I've read of more than one case of people fasting for twice as long without water also. But as I'm sure others will warn you it is not something to jump blindly into. Fasting is learning how to doctor yourself, and with that comes a responsibility to find out as much as you can about your body and the fasting process.

But I don't want to put you off by any means, I believe totally in dry fasting, I basically don't make a line between water and dry fasting though. It's all Fasting, the rule of thumb being to only drink the amount of water you need, and the same as we refrain from eating when not hungry we should refrain from drinking when not thirsty. Whether I go for seven days or two days before having water the important thing to me is to only put into my body while I'm fasting what it needs and no more.

From all my reading though and through trying to drink lots of water during a fast once I believe that even if people choose to drink water the fast will be safer and more successful if less water is taken than more. My longest fast many years ago was 30 days and I had only a glass of water each day during that successful effort, retaining full vigour the whole time and only drinking that much for the enjoyment and through ignorance in order not to die of thirst on my first fast (how embarrassing).

So my advice is to drink when you're thirsty, but if unsure at all don't be shy to drink, and the same goes for eating. If ever I have any doubts or the fast is doing more damage to my life than the benefits of staying on it will be I never hesitate to break the fast correctly. I have already attained most of my goals fasting and eating raw over the last four months. The only goal that I haven't reached is the total weight I need to lose. That is minor compared to what I have gained and that goal will be reached soon enough.

So go with the moment and keep studying and always listen to your body and be as cautious as a doctor should be. Because you are your own doctor once you begin and only a knowledgeable and experienced fasting doctor would know any better about you than you will. So use your new powers wisely and all will be well. :)

Andrew.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.578 sec, (2)