I got some private emails to my question about what happened to women using high doses of Iodine (100mgs+). I was looking for patterns especially around periods....
Some interesting stuff came up. I wish I had explanations for it but it all seems to point to serious detox and the ovaries regaining function and producing estrogen.
- reports of spotting in women who have stopped all periods
- a number of reports of women having heavy, heavy bleeding with their periods around
the end of the 1-2nd month on Iodine over 100mgs/day
- clots and weird tissue appeared both during periods and in-between
- breast became tender and swollen again
- blood Sugar levels sorta go wacky in some
- liver feeling not well and lowered tolerance to drugs or alchohol that would stress
- some symptoms of fluctuating estrogen like night sweats and hot flashes
- anxiety and/ Depression seems heightened
- some days are absolutely fabulous..high energy, sex drive returned, etc.
- constipation either worsens or bowels get very,very loose (my guess is that serotonin and/or neurotransmitters are involved here and bromide detoxing is causing this problem)
Will report more as I find it.
I would love to hear what you find if you've been on 100+mgs for awhile. You can email me privately if posting is uncomfortable. I'll repost again what I hear later.