CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: thanks and another question!!!

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Fonty Views: 1,207
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,038,153

Re: thanks and another question!!!

I have been fasting for weight loss for about ten weeks now. More than half of that time I have been fasting, the other half I have been eating raw foods. This has worked a treat for me. I weighed myself a few weeks ago and had lost 20-30 kilos and now would consider myself more overweight than obese, something people who know nothing about fasting would consider a miracle for someone who weighed 140 kilos in the middle of this year. So myself I don't think there is any need to be impatient about losing the weight, it really does come off quickly enough following the basic principals of fasting.

What I have been doing is fasting for as long as I could before the detox symptoms got in the way of my family life, then breaking the fast for an equal amount of days, first on raw fruit and then on mostly salads. Doing it this way is beneficial in many ways. First of all it continues the cleansing process, just at a slower rate. Also it improves the stores in the body as the body will process what food you need and replenish what it needs and expell what it doesn't need if you eat the right foods and not too much. That is a correctly functioning body. And this way also each fast is a preparation for the next one, so each fast is so much easier to begin- without the usual hunger and cravings that usually accompany an unprepared fast.

So you don't have to do it all in one go. Especially with so much weight and toxins to remove the body has a lot of work to do and sometimes it needs more rest than I can give it as a single father. I personally think that eating one meal in after several days of a fast could be detrimental, first because we don't know enough about the changeover times between ketosis and glucose production and if they can operate together. If they can then you would have more luck with this plan, but I think it is something that the body would have to 'learn' over time rather than just pick up automatically. The other reason Chris has already put forward and I can vouch for myself- as soon as you put food in your mouth you will want more- and even if you eat the right foods you will go through the normal hunger/cravings cycle as happens at the very beginning of a fast. This happened to me this week when I transferred from a dry fast to a Water Fast for the first time. As soon as I drank some water after six days of no water or food I was craving every fruit and juice in sight. And this continued, you guessed it, for the next three days. It was such a pain!

This is all just my thoughts though, and what I have experience personally. Unfortunately there haven't been enough trials into this sort of thing to prove what you plan to do will have a good or bad effect. On the one hand it could work fine, but on the other the little hiccups in the fast that you suggest could be so uncomfortable as to force you to break it or even introduce periods of starvation to your body when you are not giving it food and it has to wait to produce more ketones to digest it's stores.

Good luck whatever you decide to do, and let us know how it goes!

Take care,

Andrew.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.org

0.297 sec, (2)