thanks Molly! I passed on your message to her and encouraged her to give it
a go, sure hope she does. OP has been one of the best things I've ever gotten into
for my oral and general health.
btw, lately I've been adding xylitol crystals to my regular oil pull, I figure it can only help
with remineralizing etc. Xylitol is good for much more than just the teeth.
Here's a summary of the benefits from a good article on xylitol:
Summary of Benefits
Xylitol is a sweet-tasting Sugar substitute that has been approved for use in more than 35 countries. Consumption of xylitol is associated with a significant reduction in tooth decay, resulting in fewer cavities and resolution of periodontal disease. Xylitol has been shown to contribute to increased bone density, weight loss, stabilization of blood
sugar and lowering of insulin levels. Additional benefits include:
• Increases energy by enhancing ATP production
• Increases utilization of fat
• Replenishes glycogen
• Anabolic — keeps biosynthetic pathways open
• Anticatabolic —helps maintain lean muscle mass
• Antioxidant —generates NADPH, keeping glutathione in an active state
• Increases endurance
• Reduces free radical and oxidative damage
As if all of this wasn't enough, xylitol research has also indicated it prevents aging of the skin.