CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Beware of "sleep meds"!

summerhaunt Views: 2,268
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,035,108

Re: Beware of "sleep meds"!

I've had 3 sleep studies, two with one of the best neurologist sleep doctors in the midwest. No diagnosis out if it all. All they show is that I go from level 1 sleep (awake) to level 2 sleep (drowsy, light sleep) and REM. No deep sleep, 0% slow wave. No apnea, no RLS, no narcolepsy. My sister and I are a little weird, in that some meds like tranquilizers have the opposite effect, so while a sleep med may knock someone else out, they may keep us awake (but not help with the drowsiness).

Not exactly shift work. Tuesday nights is the only problem night for sleep, since I often have to put in an allnighter ... small staff with the small town newspaper, so the editor (me) has to do the layout, which requires the one allnighter a week. But these problems were in place years before the newspaper work. However, I am looking for other editorial work so I can get out of doing the newspaper work and hopefully work better hours, but that's not likely around here. Only hope there is to find some freelance.

So, out of everything tried in the past, considering how long all this has been going on (and I do think there's a familial link since many of my problems are shared with my sisters, mother and aunt) I think there's extra sensitivity to toxins, and probably a strong familial Iodine deficiency. I keep hoping my "pioneering" work with the alternative therapies will show great results and "break ground" for the rest of the family.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.359 sec, (1)